Thursday, May 04, 2006

London of mine


There are about 7 million of Londoners. I’m one of them for while. For each Londoner, there is one different London. It’s not different with me. So, how could I talk about one special place if it becomes different according to those 14 million of eyes? That’s why I choose to write about my London: the unique London that my eyes have been seeing.
This city shows itself according to what you are looking for. Knowledge, life experience and fun are some of these subjects. I want all of these.
So, my first impression of this place was it’s something like a Babel Tower, where it’s impossible understand each other. It’s possible to find here people from everywhere in this world, from all the five continents. I hadn’t imagined London was as cosmopolite as it was. Also it was hard to find out a dirt London with streets full of rubbish as well as I discover Trafalgar Square is not as big as I had imagined.
On the other hand, I become fascinated with The River Thames (photo). I’ve been listening to people saying it’s too dirty.
I’m not the right person to say that. Mainly because I’m from São Paulo. In my city yes, we’ve got a terrible dirty river: the Tietê. This spring is far unclean than Thames. Apart from, the Londoners River has a really nice view. I love it.
The museums are amazing as well. Where on earth you can find excellent museums with free admission? During my stay in this city, I’ve been visiting all of then. British Museum, The Natural History Museum and Science Museum are my favourites.
Nevertheless, I prefer to walk around the city, getting lost without a specific place to find out about. It was one of these outings that I discovered Regents Canal. It’s a beautiful place witch cross the downtown. Honestly, I'm not sure about that. Anyway, it was wonderful walking along that canal.
But there s a terrible thing about London: the cost of living. It’s so expensive living here. What it’s saving me is this free fun.
I’m going on!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»